Twitter has very recently rolled out a brand new profile layout! Closer in appearance to Facebook’s profile layout, this new Twitter layout featured a wide header photo and a larger profile picture. Here’s what’s new or different:
1. Wider header image. 1500 pixels wide by 500 pixels high to be exact. It spans the full width of the page.
2. Larger profile picture. 400 pixels by 400 pixels square to be specific.
3. Pin tweet to top option. Highlight a favorite or important tweet to the top of your profile page.
4. Most popular tweets. Those tweets that receive the most interaction will appear a bit larger than other tweets.
5. Filtering options. You can now filter what you see by:
- All Tweets (“Tweets”); this can also be sub-filtered into just “Tweets” or “Tweets and replies.”
- Tweets with photos or videos (“Photos/Videos”).
- Profile overviews of those you’re following (“Following”).
- Profile overviews of those following you (“Followers”).
- Tweets that you have favorited (“Favorites”).
- Lists (“Lists” found under the “More” tab); this can be sub-filtered into “Subscribed to” and “Member of.”
This new profile layout is now available to ALL Twitter users! If you haven’t already switched, here’s how.
1. After you’ve logged in, a “Take a Look” window may pop up. Click on the button.
2. This will give you an overview of the new layout. To set it into action, click on the “Turn It On” button.
OR, if neither of the above windows pop up above your old profile, you can GO HERE to get the change moving.
Leave a Reply