Luxurious and fancy are the terms that come to mind when I think about our complimentary stay at the amazing Grand America hotel in Salt Lake City, Utah. Everything about the hotel was indeed grand–from the comfortable rooms with marble bathrooms to the elegant chef-created meals.
About the Hotel
The Grand America hotel is located in downtown Salt Lake City, Utah. In the distance, you can see the gorgeous Rocky Mountains cascading across the sky.
The Grand America hotel was built by Earl Holding in 2001. Towering at 328 feet tall with 24 floors and 775 rooms, it is the twelfth tallest building in Salt Lake City.
Check-in and Parking
Check-in was quick and easy. The employees at the check-in desk were friendly, well dressed, professional, and very knowledgeable.
The hotel has a valet service and a self-serve underground parking garage. We opted for the parking garage (simply because we don’t like strangers in our vehicle). It was easily accessible and had doors that led to an elevator so we could quickly get to our room.
Ah, the room! It was fancy, gorgeous, comfortable, and (most importantly) clean. Our suite was made complete with a living room and a sectioned off bedroom.
The room had a spacious walk-in closet with two vanities (great for applying makeup with the mirror steaming over from hubby’s hower in the morning!) and a large bathroom constructed primarily of beautiful white and gray marble.
The first thing to catch my eye when we stepped into our room was a plate on the coffee table. It had a chocolate piano that was made in-house by a professional chocolatier!
Dining at the Grand America hotel was exquisite. The menus were simple, with only a handful of items on it for each meal, making selections easy and simple. The food was elegantly made, tasted amazing, and was gorgeously presented.
One of my husband’s and my favorite aspects of the dining at Grand America was Sunday brunch. This was an all-you-can-eat spread of pretty much everything you could possibly want for breakfast or lunch. This spread included sushi (my hubby’s favorite item), crepes, fresh meat and seafood, omelets, and LOTS of desserts!
Grand America also had excellent room service. We enjoyed several breakfasts this way. An entire table was set up for us with an amazing bounty of breakfast foods and even a vase with a rose!
Amenities and Entertainment
- Fitness Center – Open 24/7, accessible with room key.
- Indoor Pool – Open all year. Costs $10 per room, per day.
- Outdoor Pool – Closed seasonally.
- Children’s Amenities – Grand America is very family friendly! They offer cribs, rocking chairs, strollers, baby bath accessories, bottle warmers, Diaper Genies, outlet covers, humidifiers, and even babysitting services.
- In-Room Dining – Open 24 hours.
- Concierge Services – Includes limo transportation from the airport, skiing equipment arrangements, floral arrangements, horseback riding, and more.
- Business Center – To take care of business, including FedEx and UPS shipping and receiving services, paper copier, and fax.
- Shops – Grand America has several shops in the hotel (see below).
- Snowbasin Resort – For your skiing or snowboarding fix in the winter.
- Hotel Events – From afternoon tea to live jazz, Grand America schedules various in-house events for guests to enjoy.
- Grand Art Tour – Discover the art that decks the halls of the Grand America hotel and learn the history about each piece.
Grand America has several in-house shops, including La Bonne Vie, a shop with macaroons, coffee, and gifts; and JouJou, a whimsical children’s toy store.
From museums, galleries, theaters, national parks, forests, shopping, horseback riding, outdoor fun…there’s lots to do in Salt Lake City! The Grand America website has a great list of local attractions.