From its blossom to its root, the dandelion is an incredibly beneficial, edible plant. It has both medicinal and nutritional value. Some of it’s super powers include reducing pain, helping against inflammation, boosting immunity, aiding in digestion, serving as an antioxidant, and fighting against conditions like cancer, diabetes, and high blood pressure. Today’s post will hopefully make you rethink the dandelion and view it as the versatile herb that it really is rather than the pesky weed it’s fabled to be. If your yard is being overrun by this lovely yellow flower, be thankful! Pick as many as you can and put them to good use.
Below is a list of 20 recipes to put this incredible little flower to use. Before getting started, here’s a helpful post about harvesting and safely using dandelions.
- Candied Dandelion Flowers
- Cream of Dandelion Soup (also uses leaves)
- Dandelion Blossom Burgers
- Dandelion Cookies
- Dandelion Fritters
- Dandelion Jelly
- Dandelion Gelatin
- Fried Dandelion Flowers
- Homemade Dandelion Oil for Pain and Headaches
- How to Make Dandelion Salve
- How to Make Dandelion Wine
- Apple Dandelion Green Smoothie
- Dandelion Gravy
- Dandelion Pumpkin Seed Pesto
- Dandelion Salad with Vinegar and Oil Dressing
- Dandelion Soup
- 3 Dandelion Coffee Recipes
- Fresh Dandelion Root Tincture
- How to Make Dandelion Root Tea
- Iced Detox Tea for the Kidneys and Liver
Want to learn more about this dainty yet super healthful wild herb? Be sure to check out Natural Herbal Living Magazine’s dandelion edition! It is chock full of info on the history, science, benefits, plant identification, and more of the dandelion plus a few more handy recipes.