Figuring out the perfect gift for a brand new mama for her baby shower can sometimes be challenging. If you’re looking for a sweet, unique gift idea that will make mommy smile (because, let’s face it, the gift is more for the parents in honor of their having a baby than it is for the baby who won’t really care), then consider some small baby blankets.
BabyBlankets.com has a wide variety of personalized or regular baby blankets that are colorful and absolutely precious for wrapping up the new baby and keeping him warm.
Here are just a few reasons why a personalized baby blanket is awesome:
- To present it to the new mama, you can use it as eco-friendly “gift wrap” around another gift–just wrap the gift in it and hold it in place by tying it with a matching ribbon.
- The new mama can put it on display in the nursery.
- Besides just being swaddled or covered with the blankie, baby can also lay on the blanket (such as for tummy time), making it a play mat.
- It makes a great keepsake long after the baby has outgrown it. Just store it in the hope chest so baby can use it when he has his own babies.
- When baby is done with it, but mommy still wants it in use, she can cut out the personalized section and other parts of the blanket and transform it into a quilt.
- If not a quilt, mom can turn it into a decorative pillow.
- If baby is a girl, she can use the blanket for her baby dolls when she gets older.