Upon participating in any event or opp run by or co-hosted by Measuring Flower, the following rules apply. By signing up to participate in these events, you are agreeing to abide by every rule.
The following rules are generic, which means they may apply to more than one type of event. So, before delving into the rules, here is a list of the different event types they refer to and what they mean.
- Giveaway Hop. A giveaway hop is a themed event where a group of bloggers team up to help each other out. Each blogger finds a sponsor for their own blog’s theme-related prize (or sponsors one themselves), usually worth a minimum dollar value. Then, when the event goes live, they share their giveaway. They also include a list with links to the other participating blogs so that entrants can “hop” to the next blog to enter their prize as well.
- Group Giveaway. A group giveaway occurs when a bunch of bloggers pitch in monetarily to provide a high-value prize (such as cash or a tablet). When the event goes live, each blogger shares about the prize and posts the giveaway entry form (which has everyone’s follow links).
- Promotional Giveaway. A promotional giveaway is a high-value prize or prizes that a single blogger acquires (with or without a sponsor). Other bloggers pitch in to help promote the giveaway in exchange for follow links.
- Family Friendly Blog. Participating blogs must be family-friendly. If your blog is safe for an 8-year-old boy to browse, it is family friendly.
- Adult giveaways. If the event is a giveaway hop, lingerie is allowed but absolutely NO other adult items may be offered. When writing the post about lingerie, wording and images should be carefully considered to maintain a family-friendly atmosphere.
- Keep it legal. Abide by any and all laws (national, state, province, local, etc.) regarding giveaways including:
• ARV. Include the prize or prize pack’s ARV (approximate retail value) somewhere in the post.
• Purchases. It is illegal to have entry methods that ask entrants to purchase anything or to reward entrants for purchases.
• Canadian eligibility. If your giveaway is open to Canadian residents, exclude the province of Quebec (they have extensive, difficult giveaway rules) and, if a Canadian winner is selected, ask them a simple question (could even be 2+2=?) to keep it in abidance with Canadian law.
• Age. Typical giveaways are open to individuals aged 18 years or older; some are open to individuals aged 13-17 years with a parent’s permission.
• FTC. Abide by all of the FTC’s guidelines for bloggers (updated March 2013).
• Facebook. Abide by all of Facebook’s promotional guidelines (updated December 2013).
• Google+. Abide by all of G+’s promotional guidelines.
• Etsy. Abide by all of Etsy’s guidelines.
- Additional links. If you have more than one prize or prize pack in a giveaway hop, you are asked to do the additional giveaway(s) in separate posts and purchase a second spot on the linky for $2 (payment details will be provided to you closer to the event’s start date).
- Blacklisting. If you do not post in time for the event’s start date, post in time for the grace period’s deadline, OR inform me of your inability to post/participate, you are subject to being blacklisted from future Measuring Flower events
Note: These rules are subject to be updated and/or changed as necessary and without notice.